Sunday 19 February 2012

Camera Phone Vs Cannon

One of the Assignments I have been given is to look at images taken on a Camera phone. I own a Samsung Galaxy phone which has 2mp's. This compared to a Canon EOS 550D which has 18mp's you can defiantly tell which of the two will create a better image.
To help me with my research, I looked into some photographers who use Camera Phones in their own shoots. Unfortunately I could not find any decent photographers except those on Flickr.

For this shoot I chose to do it in the studio. However, the model I had planned to use did not turn up for the shoot so I could not do what I had planned. I did however do some beauty shots instead. This has put me back on my camera phone assignment because I have to wait for a spare slot in the studio...

The images I had chosen to do are by Rankin - http://rankin.co.uk/beauty/#/pic114

These are some test images I had to do because I was unable to get a studio in time....

 Taken: Thursday February 16th 2012 - Camera Phone - Notice the lack of detail and sharpness
Phone - Samsung Galaxy 2 Mega Pixels 
Taken: Thursday February 16th 2012 - Cannon 550D 18 Mega Pixels - Notice how in this image, everything is sharp and there is a lot more detail than in the first image.


No comments:

Post a Comment