Wednesday 7 December 2011

Fashion Photography Test Shoot!

Today I did my Fashion Photography test shoot in the studio. What I was trying to get was the lighting I would need for my actual shoot with a model on Friday December 9th.

For the test shoot, I used flash heads. At first, they just had the standard fittings but I decided to use a umbrella to try and stop the harsh shadows that were appearing on the backdrop.

It was also pointed out that the images were not in focus. I need to work on this ready for my real shoot. I used manual focus for the test shots, I think for the final shoot, I am going to use Auto focus.

Test Shoot - Image was taken with a Cannon EOS 550D using one Softstrip 100 and a 140cm Silver/White Umbrella. For this image, this is too 'soft' or not in focus. Im glad i realised this in my test shoot so I can understand what to do in my actual fashion shoot on Friday 9th December. I really like the lighting in this image, because it is soft and has really good 'texture' I just need to get the focus right.
Test Shoot - Image taken with a Cannon EOS 550D using a 65° Maxilite Reflector and a 140cm Silver/White Umbrella.
What makes me like this image, is how the light has caught the side of the models face and the shadow on the backdrop. On this photo it was noticed that the image is too soft (not focused) because I was using manual focus. I think, I am going to use Auto Focus for my actual shoot to make sure I get a good sharp image.

Test Shoot - This image was taken with a Cannon EOS 550D using two 65° Maxilite Reflector's. This was the first test image I shot, notice the shadows on the backdrop. I did not want this so i had to keep taking the picture till I got the right lighting. Also, the focus again on this image is not sharp. I need to remember this for my real shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment